Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tortilla Soup...


With temperatures in the 20's yesterday, it was a good day for Tortilla Soup.  This is a recipe I've made often since I discovered it.  It is a bit on the spicy side, so you may need to adjust your ground red pepper, but I just love it and if you have a cold, it will clear your sinuses in no time!  :-)

I substituted the turkey I had in the freezer for the chicken and used the farm fresh corn my sister-in-law had blanched and frozen over the summer and brought to us at thanksgiving.  I chose to add Great Northern beans to the mix as I think beans add a heartiness to soups and are filling.  

There are a lot of good crock pot recipes on her blog.  Some we've liked and others not so much, but there are plenty to "wade" through and find a favorite.

On the crochet front, I'm currently working on a woman's scarf.  I'm still trying to figure out how to "balance" both sides so that it is symmetrical.  If I figure it out, I'll post some pictures.  If I don't, you'll know it went the way of the "frog" (ribbit).

Joy in the scent of soup wafting through the house!

HDP