Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Eugene Throw


I started working on the Eugene Throw the other day.  It's a free pattern and can be found HERE.  It's really pretty and I love the way the cables cross over on the blanket.  

I have had to "frog" it a couple of times trying to find the right hook size for the yarn I'm using.  I ended up using an "N" hook.(?)  I don't think I've ever used an "N" hook except to do double-stranded work.  I'm much happier with the way it is looking now though, so I'm going to proceed.  

I haven't done a lot of cable work, so this should be a fun experience (I love a challenge).  I did make this below, a couple of years ago as a wedding gift.  It has some cabling in it, but the cables are all in straight lines. 


I'm looking forward to getting comfortable in my "crochet chair", putting my feet up on my foot rest and losing myself in this lovely project.  

I only hope mine looks half as good as the one pictured on Caron's website!  If so, it's going on the foot of dear husband and my bed.

Joy in a new challenge!

HDP