Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Busy Saturday and a Couple of New Books...

Today was a busy Saturday......

My son had his first soccer lesson with Lil' Kickers.......


He did well and had fun running around and chasing after the ball.....


Then I worked on our family Christmas cards while the "boys" went to get haircuts...Karen Carpenter's "Merry Christmas Darling" kept running through my head as I was writing the notes and addresses....  In the opening lines of the song she says "Christmas cards have all been sent..."  not quite true, but I'm working on it...

Then we went to one of the "antique malls" in our area.  Really they have more "retro" or "vintage" things as dear husband and I recognized a lot of the items for sale from our youth.  We aren't antique...yet.  :-)

I did pick up The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Needlecrafts (1994) for $5, and we found a Christmas Carol book that we thought looked fun and purchased for $4.  Dear son had to get in on the buying action and pick out an old version of Rapunzel for $2.....


The Good Housekeeping book looks really interesting....


And, I'll be sharing more on that note later!  :-)

We rounded out our busy day with a pepperoni, mushroom and black olive pizza from LaRosa's...a little family owned pizzeria/Italian chain restaurant...

Joy in a busy, but fun day and breathing new life into old books.......

HDP